Less than a quarter of the UK has access to future-proof full fibre connectivity. This means the majority of us often find ourselves struggling with unreliable and slow internet speeds.
CityFibre is investing £40m to roll-out full fibre infrastructure to nearly every home and business in Northampton, and we are making great progress with tens of thousands of homes already ready for service.
We believe that full is always best. Full fibre brings you unparalleled digital connectivity in terms of speed (we’re talking up to 1000Mbps upload and download speeds) and it offers the greatest possible reliability.
Imagine how good it would be if you, and everyone else in your home, could work, game and stream all at the same time. If this is not something you are currently experiencing, you are not alone. It’s probably because your existing network uses old infrastructure that was designed to carry sound and not data.
Excited? You should be! Here’s five reasons why…
- We all like to enjoy our favourite shows and movies together. With Gigabit-speed connectivity, you can download the latest HD blockbuster in just 8.5 minutes instead of six hours. You can stream content almost instantly.
- The gamers in your household will no longer have to wait hours for content to download, and when they are playing online, they will experience no buffer or lag.
- Having a full fibre connection may boost the value of your home. A recent survey by Rightmove of more than 3,000 house-hunters also found that quality broadband ranked as a higher priority than good access to transport links and nearby schools.
- If you enjoy the added flexibility of working from home but miss the connection speeds you had in the office, you can enjoy the best of both with full fibre. From being able to connect quickly to your organisation’s systems, to taking part in video conferences with colleagues, a good internet connection is not just a nice to have – it’s a necessity.
- Full fibre unleashes the potential of IoT (Internet of Things) technology and can help free up time to focus on the things that matter most. Intelligent homes can help us control room temperature and lighting, protect our property, improve energy efficiency and help us save time, effort and money.
The good news for the people of Northampton is, if you live in Hunsbury, Wootton, Hardingstone, Grange Park, Collingtree, Pineham, St James, Dallington, Delapre, Duston, Thorplands and Far Cotton, you can access full fibre right now!
In Northampton, services are available from an increasing range of broadband providers, offering a variety of packages to meet all needs. Across the UK, CityFibre is already working with launch partner Vodafone to supply full fibre infrastructure for customers on selected Vodafone Pro Broadband plans, TalkTalk and other providers are expected to join the network soon.
Residents interested in giving their home broadband a boost can find out more about the build, pre-register their interest and find out when new ISPs join at www.cityfibre.com/NNpulse