Milton Keynes launches MK Lit Fest – from Friday 22 to Tuesday 26 September 2017 – bringing five days of the finest contemporary writing and everything book-related for bibliophiles and word-lovers: Young Adult fiction, the psychology of thrillers, poets, literature in translation, children’s events, local historians and archivists, fantasy, romance, game-based writing, illustration… it’s all here.
- a Launch Event performance by legendary British-Jamaican reggae poet and recording artist Linton Kwesi Johnson
- two events with Michael Rosen – one for his world-famous work for children, and a second (for adults) to accompany his recently published book about French author, Emile Zola
- an interview with MK-based Bestselling Author Carole Matthews
- an intriguing discussion with psychological thriller writers, Teri Terry and Sarah Pinborough
- book-signings by How to Train Your Dragon author, Cressida Cowell
- leading authors include Katie Ward, Joanna Walsh, Clare Mulley, Terence Blacker and poets Siobhán Campbell and Jane Yeh.
and a whole day dedicated to showcasing some of MK’s own riches of literary talent, including a special Festival edition of Scribal Gathering.
The event is being produced by Arts Gateway MK, and supported by Arts Council England Grants for the Arts and MK Council. John Best, Chair of Arts Gateway MK Trustees, says: “We’re thrilled that Milton Keynes’ growth as a cultural destination has enabled us to attract such high-profile names. As well as forming part of the MK50 celebrations to mark the new city’s birthday, we’re sure that MK Lit Fest will become a firm favourite in the cultural calendar – and play an important role in our bid to be European Capital of Culture in 2023.”
To see the full programme and book your tickets, visit www.mklitfest.org: tickets are available on the door, or with proof of purchase for tickets bought on-line.
Event venue: Holiday Inn, 500 Saxon Gate, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 2HQ.