MK Health Walks stride on with The Parks TrustPosted 20th July 2023
As the charity caring for the parks, lakes and woodlands of Milton Keynes, The Parks Trust is delighted to take on the coordination of MK Health Walks.
Launched by Milton Keynes City Council and The Parks Trust as part of a national scheme almost two decades ago, MK Health Walks enable people to make new friends, improve their health, stay active, and have fun outdoors for free.
Created to help those with long-term health conditions, or who need support to remain physically active, the programme aims to improve and maintain the health and wellbeing of people who may be currently inactive. The regular walks are led by trained volunteers, typically short distances and most importantly, free to join.
Julie Dawes, Events and Community Engagement Manager, says: “We’re absolutely thrilled to add MK Health Walks to our events and activities programme! The scheme is a natural fit for us and will benefit from our existing resource of both trained volunteers and knowledge of MK’s greenspaces”.
The current weekly Health Walk groups taking place within MK parkland include:
- City Walkers – Linford Wood and Central MK, Monday lunchtimes
- Shenley Strollers – Roaming, Tuesday mornings.
- Giffard Park, Tuesday mornings.
- MK Strollers – Milton Keynes Village, Tuesday mornings.
- Whaddon Walks – Roaming, Wednesday mornings.
- Willen Walks – Willen Lake, Thursday mornings
- Friday Trotters – Roaming, biweekly on Fridays.
- Saturday Swans – Willen Lake and Ousel Valley Park, setting off from David Lloyd, Saturdays.
- Wagtail Walks – Ouzel Valley Park, Sunday mornings.
- Nordic Walks.
If you’re interested in exploring greenspaces on foot, you can discover walking activities on The Parks Trust website.